Thursday, August 30, 2007

State Fair

Have you ever went to the Michigan State Fair?
It's really fun.
There are rides, games, music, animals, michigan crops, stands, delicious food, and everything else you'd expect to see at a fair!
There's a big barn there that has a few different types of animals (bunnies & birds) inside.
You can look at ducks and geese over outside the barn in a large pond.
When you're in the barn you'll hear loud "COCK A DOODLE DOO!"s when in the bird rooms and you'll notice little notes tied to the animal's cages. They usually say the animal's age, breed, and sometimes name. The animals are all hand-raised and brought here for a competition. They have awards on the tags too. The birds and bunnies sometimes have funky hair-doos.

Well I would like to hear some comments telling me whether you've been here or not,
thanks again for reading H.P.U.

Katgirl

PS: My next post will be soon!

2 comments:

Trish said...

I haven't been to the State Fair in a couple of years.

When I last went my favorite place was the agriculture building. I liked looking at the vegetables that people grew and brought in for prizes. I also loved the honey bee displays and apple information. It was interesting to me to learn about all the foods that are grown in Michigan! There was also a "painting" done with dried legumes - really neat!

Of course, my very favorite thing at any fair are the elephant ears :-) Sugary, cinnamon-y, buttery yumminess!

The Happy Blue Kitty said...

Cool Trish!
I love elephant ears too!
We got home from the state fair yesterday. It was a blast.
See you at parkday,
Katgirl